Being a Responsible Tenant is paramount to DWP.
Your responsibility as our tenant is to make sure your rent is paid on time, to look after the property including any garden areas and to think about your actions and how your behaviour affects your neighbours. Some guidelines are:
- Not to play loud music, put your television on loudly or turn up the volume on your games consoles like Xboxes or PlayStations between 11pm and 6am. Please be considerate all the time and if necessary close your windows or wear ear-phones.
- Avoid slamming doors and banging up the stairs particularly at night, please remember your neighbours and their families may be asleep.
- Where possible avoid noisy household chores such as, using the washing machine, vacuuming or any DIY at unreasonable hours. If you have no alternative then let your neighbours know.
- If you or any one in your flat/house has a party don't let it get out of hand. If the noise is excessive or goes on into the early hours your neighbours may have a reason to complain about you.
- Keep the main security and internal fire doors closed they are there to keep you, the property and your belongings safe.
- Please do not block any of the communal areas with your personal possessions or they will be removed. This includes bicycles, prams and buggies etc. We will pass on all the removal/storage charges to you.
- The communal areas including the car parks are not play areas. Please do not let your children play there because they can be dangerous places for un-supervised children.
- Do not smoke in the communal areas, go outside and please dispose of your cigarette butts responsibly.
- Dispose of your rubbish correctly either in the household waste or recycling bins provided. If you are unsure about this please see inside this leaflet for further information.
- No pets are allowed in our properties and we will ask you to remove any pets that come to our attention.
- No bottle gas or paraffin heaters are allowed as not only are these a health and safety risk they also produce a lot of moisture and can add to problems with condensation.
Anti-social behaviour is "acting in a manner that caused or was likely to cause harassment, alarm and distress to one or more persons not of the same household". This includes acts such as criminal damage, alcohol & drug misuse, neighbour disputes, intimidation, noise, racial abuse and harassment. For further information on Anti-social behaviour please click here
If you experience any problems yourself please speak to our Anti Social Behaviour Team on telephone number (01202) 301244 extension 605 to discuss what you can do for yourself or what action we may be able to take on your behalf.
Alternatively please download our Anti-Social Behaviour Incident Diary and record any incidents which may arise. Once you have completed please drop off at the Dave Wells Offices, 25a St. Clements Road, Boscombe, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 4DU